Vacant Building Insurance

Get the Best Insurance Coverage for Your Empty Building
Vacant Building Insurance

Get a Quote Today

Let’s find the perfect coverage for your property.

What is Vacant Building Insurance?

Vacant building insurance, sometimes referred to as vacant property insurance or unoccupied property insurance, is a special type of coverage designed specifically for buildings that are left empty for an extended period. Standard homeowners or commercial property insurance policies often exclude coverage or significantly reduce their benefits after a building has been vacant for a certain number of consecutive days (typically 30 to 60 days), which is where vacant building insurance comes into play.

Coverage Offered by Vacant Building Insurance

Vacant building insurance can cover a variety of potential risks that unoccupied properties face. These include damage from fire, wind, hail, lightning, and explosion. Vandalism and malicious mischief coverage is also typically offered since vacant properties are more likely to be targeted. In addition, vacant building insurance can include liability coverage, protecting the property owner if someone is injured on the premises and sues for damages.

Customization and Cost of Vacant Building Insurance

It’s crucial to understand that the coverage offered by vacant building insurance policies can greatly differ based on the specific needs of the property and the risks it faces. These policies can be tailored to cover specific perils or offer comprehensive coverage for all risks, barring those explicitly excluded. Because vacant properties are generally perceived as high-risk, these policies can carry a higher premium than standard property insurance. Therefore, property owners should thoroughly evaluate their needs and potential risks before procuring a vacant building insurance policy.

Find the best Vacant Building Insurance Company for you:

When searching for the best vacant building insurance company, it’s essential to consider certain factors to ensure you find the right provider for your needs. Start by assessing the coverage options offered by different insurance companies. Look for policies that specifically cater to vacant buildings, as they may include coverage for risks like vandalism, theft, fire, and water damage.

Additionally, consider the reputation and financial stability of the insurance company. You want to choose a provider with a solid track record in the industry and a history of promptly processing claims. Reading customer reviews and checking ratings from independent agencies can help gauge the company’s reliability.  Contact us for a quote today.

Get Started Today

As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Umbrella Insurance coverage.

Vacant Building Insurance Quote Request

As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Insurance Quote

Please do not include sensitive, private information in this area.

Get a Quote

It only takes a minute to get started.

Would you rather discuss this in person? Get in touch with an agent today!
Call Now Button